It’s Called STEM, You Fool!
The show started off with the best intentions: to discuss how to get our children interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), but our panel cannot be controlled. The conversation quickly evolved into a discussion about the nature and value of learning STEM, particularly in a post fact world. This isn’t the show to be missed: From Jon Hohol’s epic rant about the scientific method as a weapon against conjecture to Astro Teller’s take on Moore’s Law, Episode 2 of the Military to Maker Podcast entertains and enlightens.
In this episode:
- We discuss technology outpacing human adaptability
- What we can look forward to in the future
- Surveillance Artificial Intelligence (Siri, Amazon Echo)
- Mathematics for better reading
- The Scientific Method as a defense against the dark arts
- General STEM
Out panel for this episode:
- Kyle Yanowski
- Jon Hohol
- Jonathan Gerson
- Spencer Cookson
- Bill Putnam
References in this episode:
Theme music for this episode:
Industrial Zone A from the Assault Rigs soundtrack by Andrew Crowley, Stuart Duffield, and Matt Furniss.